Proper Waxing Etiquette
Waxing is a popular hair removal technique for any body part with unwanted hair, including the underarms, legs, eyebrows, and bikini area. Regardless of which area will be waxed, however, the same etiquette guidelines apply.
- Ask for Help: If you've never had a waxing treatment before, ask what guidelines are for treatments. We will be able to suggest what you should wear and what you need to do to prepare for the treatment properly.
- Follow Directions: During your appointment, the technician will instruction when it is time to remove clothing, when to lay on the treatment table, and what you should do to help the procedure go more smoothly. An anti-inflammatory is recommended to minimize inflammation.
- Ask Questions: If you have questions about the procedure, don't be afraid to ask, but do so politely. Your spa professional will be more than happy to explain what to expect, how the different steps of the process will work, and how it will feel.
- Be Clean: Always take the time to shower or freshen up before your waxing appointment, no matter what body area you are having treated. If you have scheduled a bikini wax, be sure to wear appropriate undergarments. For an underarm wax, it may be necessary to avoid antiperspirant or deodorant to help the wax adhere more easily, but keep yourself fresh just before your appointment.
- Be Honest: Always be honest when scheduling your appointment and speaking with your treatment professional. Be sure to note whether or not you've had waxing treatments before, what hair removal pain relief methods work best for you, and what type of look you hope to achieve.
- Ask About Trimming: Hair should be 1/4-1/2 inch long for the best results when waxing. If longer, prior to your appointment you need to trim your hair to appropriate length.
- Avoid Menstruation: If you are planning a bikini wax or Brazilian waxing treatment, avoid scheduling the appointment near your menstrual cycle. While it is still possible to wax during your cycle, your skin will be more tender and the treatment will be more painful at that time. It is also more polite to avoid intimate bodily contact with you treatment specialist at that time.
- Watch Your Diet: If you are sensitive to certain foods in your diet, such as causing cramps or gas, avoid those foods for several days before your waxing appointment to avoid any embarrassing bodily reactions.
- Be Helpful: For the best results with a waxing treatment, you will be expected to move into different positions, help hold your skin taut, and otherwise assist the treatment professional. If you are willing to do this, the waxing will go more quickly and will have better results.
- Tipping is greatly appreciated for any exceptional service, including a sensitive and thorough waxing treatment. A gratuity of 10-20 percent is acceptable, and you can give the tip directly to your spa professional or add it to the bill.
$12 Lips $12 Chin $14 Eye Brows
$35 Bikini Wax $45 French Bikini
$65 Brazilian (women) $85 Brazilian (men)
$20 + Under Arms $50 + Both Arms
$40 + Back Partial $60 + Back Full
$55 + Half of Legs $65 + Full Legs
**Thicker hair may be an extra charge**
** There is a $5 extra charge for Nufree / Ceripil wax if requested wax preference. These high grade professional waxes may only be used for the bikini or brazilian waxes only. **